Sunday, May 12, 2013

For my mother...




This is a difficult post to write , but one that must be written and shared, to help me move on.
I am getting back to this blog after many months today on Mother's Day. It has been a difficult time , first with my mother's battle with cancer and finally when her fight got over, nearly 3 months back, free from all that pain and suffering, but leaving us all with this unfathomable sense of loss, injustice  and this deep deep void. It is always difficult to lose a parent, more so if it is untimely and accompanied by suffering of that parent. It leaves you with a strange mix of memories, initially dominated by the all suffering one witnessed, that really overshadows all the beautiful years one shared with that person. I'm told there would come a day when I will only remember the good times and I do believe that.

As I deal with my life without my mother,  I take strength from the courage and dignity with which she fought this battle and eventually accepted the inevitable with immense grace. She'll always be missed and forever live within the hearts of those who loved her and were touched by her beautiful life...she would forever inspire me to try and live an honorable life...

Today my best wishes go out to all the mothers of this world..the great reservoirs of endless, selfless love...You all are doing God's work. Happy Mother's Day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Meenal.....so sorry to hear about aunty. I still remember her smile. Uve expressed ur feeliings so beautifully.....can understand. Ive gone thru the same after papa lost his battle with cancer. Yes...u feel so helpless...so grieved....and so alone! But im sure there is better life up there with no illness and no pain.
Hugs,
Pallavi.

Designwali said...

I'm so sorry for your loss....i hope each day a meomory of her love carries you through.

design elements said...

Dear Meenal, I'm so sorry for your lost. It was wonderful to read your message. I didn't know what a difficult time you have. I'm thinking of you. Warm hugs

p.s.: the best gift for Mother's Day, for every day: love... love... love

pve design said...

meenal,
how beautifully you have written and shared your loss. it is the courage and love for your Mother that has been bestowed upon you to do so. may you fill the void with grace and strength to keep moving and finding beauty
in the midst of your loss and pain.
thank-you for your kind comment which made me realize how fortunate I am to have my Mother so many years. she has raised 7 children and still continues to be a shining light for many to find grace and goodness in her faith and in her own suffering.
pve

pve design said...

"a reservoir of endless love" not that is a Mother.
pve

My Notting Hill said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. You've honored her with your writing. My mother died last month, April 11th. This was the saddest Mother's Day, dominated by my regrets - wishing I had done this or that. Last week she was in a dream I had, smiling, and I feel so much better. I hope your memories of all those good times with your mom are a source of comfort to you now. Wishing you the best, Michele

Anonymous said...

I completely understand what you are going through. I lost my Mother to Cancer almost 30 years ago. Does it get easier?? - not really but you learn to evolve into someone who becomes the person your Mother would have wanted you to be. You carry the memories forever and begin to smile and laugh when you realize you have many of your Mother's traits, talents and sensibilities. Be strong.

Sarah said...

So sorry for your loss, this is a really beautiful piece of writing. Thank you for sharing it with us.
xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...